An all-inclusive pilgrimage.
From start to finish, Myanmar Pilgrimage offers all-inclusive packages so that visitors can focus on what's really important... integrating into Burmese Buddhist culture and developing one's Dhamma practice.
ALL pilgrimages include the following services:
- All travel within the country, including airport transfer.
- Breakfasts and lunches.*
- Occasional tea, juice, and snacks.
- Complete pilgrimage amenities, such as Shan bag, longyi, pilgrimage scarf, etc.
- Mosquito net and bamboo mat for monastery stays. For more information on additional items you may need, see here.
*Note that dinner is not included as many practitioners (and all monastics) do not eat after 12:00 noon. Pilgrims who wish to eat in the evening may either take their own meal or request dinners to be included prior to the pilgrimage. Also note that all food is vegetarian. For non-vegetarian, vegan, or other requests, please contact us before the pilgrimage.
- Double-room hotel occupancy.* For those who wish to have their own private accommodation, please alert us in advance.
- One printed copy of the meditator's guidebook to Myanmar (Shwe Lan Ga Lay: The Golden Path)
- All entrance fees
- At least one Danā (donation) ceremony at a monastery
*This is for hotel stays only. Please review your detailed pilgrimage itinerary to see the status of potential monastic stays.
Please note that the following is not included in any pilgrimage options, unless by special request:
- Myanmar Visa
- Gifts and souvenirs
- Dana (donation) to monasteries
- Internet and phone usage
- Special medicine (outside of the first-aid kit)