A Guidebook for Dhamma Pilgrims...
The Shwe Lan Ga Lay (The Golden Path) project – a Burma guidebook for Dhamma pilgrims – was launched in April 2013. The intention behind this book is to make the Golden Land more accessible to seekers & meditators who have the noble intention to develop in Dhamma. In the past year-and-a-half a team of volunteers has visited hundreds of monasteries and pagodas throughout Burma and interviewed dozens of monks and scholars. They have gleaned information that was previously not available in English, and some of which has never been written down in any language.
Of the book's 14 chapters, four are nearing completion and will be released as a free eBook from Pariyatti press once they are ready.
Further help is needed in the following areas:
- Artists to make illustrations that will accompany the text.
- Layout Editor Assistant to help the lead layout editor with design tasks.
- Photographs from Burma. We are especially interested in photo collections from visits of over 20 years ago, and from anyone who has professional experience in photography.
- Photo sorting: We need help going through our current photo collection to highlight the best pictures for our designer to use, and to match specific text to photos.
- Stories and Anecdotes from visits to Burma (sharing without attribution is fine).
- Translation from Burmese
- Scholars to review drafts
- Web Designers to help bring the book's content to the web
- General Volunteers: If none of the above tasks fit your skill level or interest, but you'd like to be involved in some way, please get in touch with us and we'll find a role for you.
- Dāna: One may give a donation to cover the basic expenses being incurred on the project using the form below.